0
Broadband

Axel Springer ups Digital Classifieds stake for EUR 446 mln

Tuesday 9 December 2014 | 10:02 CET | News
Interactive webinar: Vodafone Ziggo deep dive. What is the strategy for the coming years? Where does it stand in relation to its competitors? Join us on January 21st 14:00 CET for a professional profile of VodafoneZiggo in 45 minutes. Register here ...
German media and internet group Axel Springer has paid EUR 446 million to increase its stake in the Digital Classifieds joint venture with US investor General Atlantic from 70 percent to 85 percent. The German publisher also said it had an option to purchase the remaining 15 percent of Axel Springer Digital Classifieds from General Atlantic in exchange for new shares to be issued in a capital increase or for another EUR 446 million plus interest. It the option is not exercised, General Atlantic will be able to sell its remaining stake from 01 January 2018 or to demand a public listing of the

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Internet
Companies: Axel Springer
Countries: World
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Deutsche Telekom may sell T-Online to Axel Springer - report

Published 22 Dec 2014 09:37 CET | Germany
Deutsche Telekom plans to shed its T-Online news portal and is negotiating its possible sale to the Axel Springer group, ...

Axel Springer lets Google publish website excerpts free

Published 06 Nov 2014 13:28 CET | Germany
Publishing group Axel Springer said it is granting Google a free licence after all to publish excerpts from Springer's Die Welt, ...

NYT, Axel Springer invest in Dutch start-up Blendle

Published 28 Oct 2014 09:54 CET | Netherlands
The Dutch start-up Blendle has raised EUR 3 million in financing, from The New York Times Company and German publisher Axel ...

Axel Springer Plug and Play, Onet look for start-ups

Published 28 Aug 2014 15:49 CET | Poland
The accelerator Axel Springer Plug and Play and the Group Onet.pl are looking for start-ups. Axel Springer Plug and Play is an ...

Axel Springer sells buecher.de stake to Weltbild

Published 28 Aug 2014 10:06 CET | Germany
Axel Springer is selling its 33.3 percent stake in buecher.de to the Weltbild group. Weltbild already owned the rest of the ...

Axel Springer to work more closely with Onet in Poland

Published 29 Jul 2014 14:47 CET | Poland
Ringier Axel Springer and Onet.pl are deepening their ties, with the CEO of the German publisher Mark Dekan taking over as ...

Axel Springer to buy 51% of Car&Boat Media

Published 30 Jun 2014 08:24 CET | France
German media and internet group Axel Springer has signed an agreement to acquire 51 percent of French car advertising portal ...

Axel Springer buys 20% of French search startup Qwant

Published 19 Jun 2014 10:49 CET | France
German media group Axel Springer has acquired a 20 percent stake in French search engine Qwant.com for an undisclosed amount ...

Axel Springer brands, Samsung team for tablet offers

Published 05 Jun 2014 15:21 CET | Germany
German publisher Axel Springer has announced a strategic tablet PC co-operation between the Bild, Auto Bild and Die Welt brands ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

21 Jan Intel Q4 2020
21 Jan Modern Times Group EGM
25 Jan Edgeware EGM
25 Jan The Things Conference 2021
26 Jan Verizon Communications Q4 2020
26 Jan F5 Networks fiscal Q1
26 Jan Microsoft fiscal Q2
26 Jan Meetup MENA
27 Jan MediaTek Q4 2020
27 Jan Calix Q4 2020
27 Jan Facebook Q4 2020
27 Jan KPN Q4 2020
27 Jan Extreme Networks fiscal Q2
27 Jan Corning Q4 2020
27 Jan AT&T Q4 2020
27 Jan Uptime
28 Jan Juniper Networks Q4 2020
28 Jan Comcast Q4 2020
28 Jan Rogers Communications Q4 2020
28 Jan Samsung Electronics Q4 2020
28 Jan Crown Castle Q4 2020
28 Jan Skyworks fiscal Q1
28 Jan 8x8 fiscal Q3
::: More Calendar Items