0
Wireless

Brazil to auction remaining mobile frequencies within the year

Wednesday 24 November 2021 | 15:25 CET | News
Brazil Communications Minister Fabio Faria said that 85 percent of the frequency lots available were sold during the recent 5G auction, for BRL 47.2 billion. At a Parliamentary hearing, Faria added that the remaining 15 percent will be sold within six months to one year and that the green light has already been obtained from regulator Anatel and the Federal Court of Accounts.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: Anatel
Countries: Brazil
::: add a comment
This article is part of dossier

5G


Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Brazilian regulator confirms results of 5G auction

Published 24 Nov 2021 15:53 CET | Brazil
Brazil's National Telecommunications Agency (Anatel) has approved the results of the 5G auction, for frequencies in the 700 MHz, ...

All Brazilian municipalities to have 5G by 2029 - Anatel

Published 19 Nov 2021 17:35 CET | Brazil
Representatives of the Brazilian government and the National Telecommunications Agency (Anatel) said that all municipalities will ...

Brisanet plans roll-out of 5G network for 2023

Published 18 Nov 2021 17:01 CET | Brazil
Brazilian regional operator Brisanet will start the rollout of its 5G network in the second half of 2023, reports Teletime. The ...

5G Sul Consortium to invest BRL 500 million for 5G rollout

Published 12 Nov 2021 14:43 CET | Brazil
The 5G Sul consortium will invest BRL 500 million in the roll-out of 5G technology, after receiving a frequency block in the ...

Claro Brasil starts 5G trial with Pro-Saber

Published 10 Nov 2021 17:00 CET | Brazil
Claro Brasil has teamed up with Brazilian educational institute Pro-Saber to launch a 5G trial in order to carry out specific ...

Ericsson receives 2,000 5G radio orders for Brazil

Published 10 Nov 2021 14:33 CET | Brazil
Ericsson has received 2,000 5G radio equipment orders for Brazil, covering 650 sites, all of which are in the process of ...

Brazil raises record BRL 47 billion in 5G spectrum auction

Published 08 Nov 2021 10:14 CET | Brazil
The biggest mobile frequency auction in Brazil has raised BRL 47.2 billion, or around BRL 5 billion more than the reserve prices. ...

Brisanet, 5G Sul and Cloud2U win regional 5G licences in Brazil

Published 05 Nov 2021 11:55 CET | Brazil
Brisanet, the 5G Sul Consortium and Cloud2U have been awarded regional licences on the 5G auction organized by Brazil's National ...

Claro, Vivo and TIM win lots in 3.5 GHz band in Brazil 5G auction

Published 05 Nov 2021 10:14 CET | Brazil
Brazilian operators Claro, Vivo and TIM Brasil won three lots in the 3.5 GHz band during the 5G mobile spectrum auction held by ...

Brazil 5G auction attracts 15 bidders

Published 28 Oct 2021 11:20 CET | Brazil
Brazil's National Telecommunications Agency (Anatel) announced it has received documentation from 15 companies interested in the ...