0
Wireless

Claro to get 40% of TIM, Vivo to keep market lead - report

Monday 3 November 2014 | 17:01 CET | News
Claro is the operator that will come out stronger as the result of a possible division of TIM Brasil, reports Folha de Sao Paulo. According to the daily, the agreement would see Claro getting 40 percent of TIM, while the other 60 percent will be split between Vivo (32%) and Oi (28%). In practice, all three operators will become bigger – both in customers and in revenue. Although Claro would buy the biggest share of TIM, Vivo will continue as the market leader because it recently bought GVT incorporating 4 percent of net revenues in the sector with the acquisition. The share of each operator

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: Anatel / Claro / GVT / Oi / TIM Brasil / Vivo
Countries: Brazil
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Oi holds auction of combined shares

Published 21 Jun 2015 21:29 CET | Brazil
Brazilian telecommunications operator Oi has announced that from 23 June, subsequent auctions will be held on the BM&FBOVESPA to ...

Telecom Italia unaware of any TIM Brasil offers

Published 03 Nov 2014 08:47 CET | Brazil
Telecom Italia CEO Marco Patuano has dismissed reports in the Brazilian press that the operator has received an offer to sell its ...

Oi says no decision reached on TIM bid

Published 31 Oct 2014 13:49 CET | Brazil
Brazilian operator Oi has issued a notice to the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission regarding press reports on the ...

Claro, Vivo, Oi reach agreement to buy TIM - report

Published 31 Oct 2014 12:07 CET | Brazil
Brazilian mobile operators Claro and Vivo have signed an agreement with the BTG Pactual bank to, along with Oi, buy TIM Brasil, ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

25 Oct Facebook Q3
25 Oct Dtac Q3 2021
25 Oct Calix Q3 2021
26 Oct F5 Networks fiscal Q4
26 Oct Twitter Q3 2021
26 Oct MediaTek Q3
26 Oct Microsoft fiscal Q1
26 Oct SK hynix Q3
26 Oct Orange group Q3 2021
26 Oct Siminn Q3 2021
26 Oct KPN Q3 2021
26 Oct NENT Q3 2021
26 Oct Juniper Networks Q3 2021
26 Oct Corning Q3
26 Oct TIM Brasil Q3 2021
26 Oct Alphabet Q3 2021
26 Oct Digital Realty Q3
26 Oct MWC Los Angeles
26 Oct Samsung Developer Conference
26 Oct Cabsat
26 Oct FCC meeting
27 Oct Vertiv Q3
27 Oct Netgear Q3
27 Oct Megacable Q3
27 Oct Twilio Q3
27 Oct Telefonica Deutschland Q3 2021
27 Oct TIM Q3 2021
27 Oct Spotify Q3 2021
27 Oct Android Dev Summit
27 Oct Digital Utilities Europe 2021
::: More Calendar Items