0
Wireless

Colombia mobile lines up 4% to over 63 mln in Q3

Tuesday 19 March 2019 | 11:03 CET | News
Colombia reached 63.4 million mobile lines at the end of the third quarter of 2018, up 4.3 percent year on year, and equivalent to 127.3 lines per 100 inhabitants, according to the latest quarterly report from the country's ICT ministry Mintic. Prepay subscriptions accounted for 79.3 percent of the total and postpay for the remaining 20.7 percent, up 4.1 percent and 5.5 percent respectively.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: America Movil / Claro / Millicom / Movistar / Telefonica / Tigo / Virgin Mobile
Countries: Colombia
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Millicom Q3 revenues up 11% on new acquisitions, cuts FY outlook

Published 24 Oct 2019 09:41 CET | Latin America
In its main market of Latin America, the company increased revenues 9.7 percent to USD 1.50 billion, including its joint ventures ...

Claro Colombia Q3 revenues surge over 13% on customer adds

Published 16 Oct 2019 10:39 CET | Colombia
Claro Colombia, a subsidiary of America Movil, reported total third quarter revenues up 13.5 percent year on year to COP 3.3 ...

Colombian 4G penetration up to 61% of mobile internet lines in Q1

Published 26 Sep 2019 11:31 CET | Colombia
Colombia reached 65 million mobile lines at the end of the first quarter of 2019, some 2.2 million than a year earlier and ...

Colombian operators call on CRC to declare Claro dominant player

Published 09 Jul 2019 14:14 CET | Colombia
Colombia's Ministry of Information Technology and Communications (Mintic) and Communications Regulatory Commission (CRC) could be ...

Colombia's lower house approves ICT modernisation bill

Published 07 Jun 2019 11:52 CET | Colombia
Colombia's Ministry of Information Technology and Communications (Mintic) announced that the country's lower house of congress ...

Colombia 4G lines up a third to over 16 mln

Published 13 May 2019 11:01 CET | Colombia
Colombia reached 64.5 million mobile lines at the end of 2018, up 3.7 percent year on year, and equivalent to 129.5 lines per 100 ...

Colombia asks for expressions of interest in 700MHz, 1.9GHz and 2.5GHz tenders

Published 01 May 2019 11:17 CET | Colombia
Colombia's Ministry of Information Technology and Communications (Mintic) has taken another step in the process to tender ...

Millicom to unify Colombia services under Tigo brand

Published 12 Apr 2019 11:52 CET | Colombia
Millicom has decided to unify its Colombian operations under the Tigo brand starting later this month, reports La Republica, ...

Colombia hits 30.4 mln broadband connections in Q1

Published 25 Jul 2018 11:12 CET | Colombia
Colombia reached 30.4 million broadband connections at the end of the first quarter of 2018, up 7 percent compared to the ...

Colombian broadband lines up 6.4% to 30.3 mln

Published 24 Apr 2018 10:21 CET | Colombia
Colombia passed the milestone of 30 million broadband connections at the end of 2017, reaching a total of 30.3 million, up 6.4 ...

Colombian mobile lines up 3.8% to 60.8 mln in Q3

Published 16 Jan 2018 09:57 CET | Colombia
Colombia reached a total of 60.78 million mobile lines at the end of the third quarter, up 3.8 percent year on year and over a ...