0
General

Colombian govt accelerates plans to sell Coltel stake - report

Tuesday 12 December 2017 | 10:18 CET | News
Colombia's government has accelerated plans to sell off its stake in Colombia Telecomunicaciones (Coltel) by hiring a number of banks and underwriters to look for potential buyers, according to unnamed sources cited by Spanish business daily El Economista. The government still owns 32.5 percent of the company following the merger of Coltel and Movistar Colombia in 2012, with Telefonica owning the remaining 67.5 percent, and is looking to offload its stake to a private investor rather than selling it on the stock market, which would require Telefonica's approval. Earlier this year finance

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: General
Companies: Movistar Colombia / Telefonica
Countries: Colombia
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Colombian govt to sell stake in Telefonica's Coltel for COP 2.3 tln

Published 03 Aug 2018 09:26 CET | Colombia
Colombia's government has announced that it will be offering its 32.5 percent stake in Colombia Telecomunicaciones (Coltel) for a ...

Movistar Colombia activates LTE-A in 129 localities

Published 30 Apr 2018 13:59 CET | Colombia
Movistar Colombia (Telefonica) has announced the launch of an LTE Advanced (LTE-A) service in a total of 129 localities ...

Telefonica files complaint to ICSID over Colombia fine

Published 22 Feb 2018 15:42 CET | Colombia
Telefonica has filed an arbitration complaint with the World Bank's International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes ...

Telefonica Colombia confirms EUR 1.8 bln capital hike, pays EUR 472 mln fine

Published 30 Aug 2017 11:40 CET | Colombia
Telefonica announced that it has come to an agreement with the Colombian government to increase the capital of its subsidiary ...

Claro pays USD 1 bln Colombia fine, continues appeal

Published 30 Aug 2017 09:52 CET | Colombia
Claro (America Movil) announced that it complied with a Colombian arbitration ruling ordering it to pay USD 1.08 billion for ...

Fine could affect Telefonica Colombia capitalisation - COO

Published 27 Jul 2017 15:06 CET | Colombia
The decision to fine Telefonica unit Colombia Telecomunicaciones (Coltel) around USD 529 million for breaching a government ...

Claro, Movistar fined USD 1.55 bln in Colombia

Published 27 Jul 2017 08:08 CET | Colombia
Colombian operators Movistar (Telefonica) and Claro (America Movil) have been fined a total of USD 1.55 billion on grounds of ...

Government approves Telefonica Colombia capitalisation

Published 23 Mar 2017 10:41 CET | Colombia
The Colombian government has approved a proposal from Telefonica Colombia to capitalise COP 4.4 trillion (around USD 1.5 billion) ...

Regulators ok Movistar-Colombia Telecom merger

Published 27 Jun 2012 13:10 CET | Colombia
Colombia's Superintendency of Industry and Commerce, the Superintendency of Finance and the Superintendency of Companies have ...