0
Video

DirecTV Chile fined USD 1 mln for uncertified decoders

Friday 13 October 2017 | 11:18 CET | News
The Santiago appellate court has upheld a fine of around CLP 644 million (USD 1 million) imposed on the Chilean unit of AT&T's DirecTV subsidiary by the energy and fuels superintendency for use of uncertified decoders. The grounds of the appeal published by business daily Diario Financiero stated that 57 percent of the fine corresponded to a failure to provide the requested information and the remaining 43 percent to the provision of uncertified pay-TV equipment.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Broadcast & Satellite
Companies: AT&T / DirecTV
Countries: Chile
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Chile's Supreme Court upholds USD 2 mln DirecTV STB fine

Published 07 Mar 2018 15:30 CET | Chile
Chile's Supreme Court has upheld a fine of around CLP 1.3 billion (USD 2 million) imposed on the Chilean unit of AT&T's DirecTV ...

AT&T planning IPO of DirecTV LatAm stake

Published 08 Feb 2018 08:39 CET | Latin America
AT&T has announced that it's exploring an initial public offering of a minority stake in satellite television service DirecTV ...

DirecTV expands LatAm kids channel lineup

Published 01 Aug 2017 11:26 CET | Latin America
AT&T's DirecTV satellite television unit has announced a deal to add the Nat Geo Kids and Baby TV channels to its porfolio ...

Chile broadband subs up 24% to 16.1 mln in 2016

Published 13 Apr 2017 11:01 CET | Chile
Chile ended 2016 with a total of 16.1 million internet accesses (fixed and 3G/4G mobile), up 23.9 percent on the year-earlier ...

Chilean internet access up 45.3% in 2 years

Published 09 Jun 2016 10:09 CET | Chile
Fixed and mobile internet connections in Chile reached 13.4 million accesses in March 2016, according to the quarterly report of ...

DirecTV launches LatAm VoD service

Published 04 Dec 2015 14:08 CET | Latin America
AT&T subsidiary DirecTV has announced the launch of its OnDemand service throughout Latin America, giving subscribers access to ...





EUR 941 million
mobile services revenue
Netherlands  |  2018 Q1

Calendar   /   Industry Events

17 Jul Telekom Austria Q2 2018
17 Jul TalkTalk fiscal Q1
17 Jul Inphi Q2 2018
17 Jul Telenor Q2 2018
18 Jul Tele2 Q2 2018
18 Jul MTG Q2 2018
18 Jul Ericsson Q2 2018
18 Jul Crown Castle Q2 2018
18 Jul TDC Q2 2018
18 Jul Data Center InterConnect
18 Jul Report: Dutch Mobile Virtual Operators 2018 Q1
19 Jul DNA Q2 2018
19 Jul Rogers Communications Q2 2018
19 Jul Limelight Networks Q2 2018
19 Jul Millicom Q2 2018
19 Jul Skyworks fiscal Q3
20 Jul Net Insight Q2 2018
20 Jul TIM Brasil Q2 2018
20 Jul CLX Communications Q2 2018
20 Jul Telia Q2 2018
20 Jul Orange Belgium Q2 2018
23 Jul Inwit Q2 2018
23 Jul Alphabet Q2 2018
23 Jul NOS Q2 2018
23 Jul Netgear Q2 2018
24 Jul Telekom Austria H1 2018
24 Jul Orange Polska Q2 2018
24 Jul Texas Instruments Q2 2018
24 Jul Smith Micro Q2 2018
24 Jul Megacable Q2 2018
::: More Calendar Items