0
Broadband

Equinix completes USD 1 bln European hyperscale data centre joint venture with GIC

Thursday 10 October 2019 | 09:13 CET | News
Equinix has completed its USD 1.0 billion joint venture with Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC to fund, develop and operate xScale data centres in Europe. Under the terms of the agreement, GIC owns 80 percent in the joint venture, with Equinix holding the remaining 20 percent. The venture's first six facilities will be located at International Business Exchange (IBX) data centre campuses in Amsterdam, London (two sites), Frankfurt (two sites) and Paris. 

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Fixed
Companies: Equinix
Countries: Europe / Singapore
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

BCE sells data centres to Equinix for CAD 1 billion

Published 01 Jun 2020 15:02 CET | Canada
Canadian operator BCE has agreed to sell 25 data centres to Equinix for CAD 1.04 billion (USD 750 million) in cash. The sale is ...

Equinix, GIC launch USD 1 bln JV to develop, operate data centres in Japan

Published 22 Apr 2020 08:26 CET | Japan
Equinix has signed a USD 1 billion initial joint venture in the form of a limited liability partnership with Singapore's ...

Equinix reports stronger revenues, profit for Q4

Published 13 Feb 2020 13:45 CET | World
Data centre operator Equinix reported higher revenues and profit for the fourth quarter and full year, and guided for a higher ...

Equinix growth slows slightly in Q3 on forex effects

Published 31 Oct 2019 10:08 CET | World
Data centre operator Equinix reported third-quarter revenues up 9 percent year-over-year to USD 1.397 billion. The company ...

Equinix names Montoya as chief information security officer

Published 14 Oct 2019 16:27 CET | World
Equinix appointed Michael Montoya as chief information security officer (CISO), further bolstering the company's commitment to ...

Last week in telecoms: Cellnex major takeover, Vodafone cuts costs, KPN new commercial strategy and BT up sharply

Published 14 Oct 2019 07:00 CET | Europe
Last week saw Cellnex agree a major takeover, while Vodafone kicked off a cost savings program and KPN potentially made a big ...

Equinix and GIC setting up USD 1 bln JV to build European hyperscale data centres

Published 02 Jul 2019 08:54 CET | Europe
Data centre company Equinix has announced a USD 1 billion joint venture with Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC to develop and ...