0
Broadband

Italian cabinet to examine broadband plan on 03 March

Monday 2 March 2015 | 10:25 CET | News
Interactive webinar: Vodafone Ziggo deep dive. What is the strategy for the coming years? Where does it stand in relation to its competitors? Join us on January 21st 14:00 CET for a professional profile of VodafoneZiggo in 45 minutes. Register here ...
The cabinet of Italian prime minister Matteo Renzi will examine the long-awaited EUR 6 billion plan to accelerate the development of a national high-speed fibre network on 03 March, according to two unnamed sources cited by Reuters. At the end of November, the government pledged up to EUR 6.2 billion of public funds to expand the country's high-speed broadband network to 85 percent of Italy's population by 2020, while ensuring that the remaining 15 percent is covered by broadband at speeds of at least 30 Mbps. Renzi's aides, including deputy general secretary Raffele Tiscar and former

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Fixed
Companies: Telecom Italia
Countries: Italy
::: add a comment
This article is part of dossier

Fibre


Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Italy favours voucher scheme to boost broadband take-up

Published 05 Mar 2015 10:31 CET | Italy
The Italian government's plan to accelerate the development of a national high-speed fibre network approved on 03 March contained ...

Italian cabinet approves EUR 6 bln national broadband plan

Published 04 Mar 2015 09:35 CET | Italy
The cabinet of Italian prime minister Matteo Renzi has approved a EUR 6 billion plan to accelerate the development of a national ...

Fibre drives Dutch broadband market to 6.9 million lines

Published 02 Mar 2015 14:58 CET | Netherlands
Broadband connections over fibre networks in the Netherlands increased by 6.6 percent during the fourth quarter of 2014, taking ...

Telecom Italia to recruit again after 7 years - CEO

Published 27 Feb 2015 14:47 CET | Italy
Telecom Italia will take advantage of new provisions introduced in prime minister Matteo Renzi's emblematic Jobs Act to hire up ...

Telecom Italia to invest EUR 14 bln by 2017 in Italy, Brazil

Published 20 Feb 2015 14:06 CET | Brazil
Telecom Italia has unveiled the details of a three-year business plan for 2015-2017 that envisages total investments of around ...

Telecom Italia to invest EUR 1 bln in southern Italy – CEO

Published 04 Feb 2015 11:59 CET | Italy
Telecom Italia is set to invest well over EUR 1 billion to expand its fibre-optic broadband network to so-called digital divide ...

Renzi weighing up broadband options – report

Published 20 Jan 2015 10:13 CET | Italy
Italy's prime minister Matteo Renzi has called on Andrea Guerra, former CEO of eyewear group Luxottica, to draw up a ...

Italy finalising CDP-led broadband plan – report

Published 12 Jan 2015 11:46 CET | Italy
Italian government officials are finalising plans to create a joint company made up of all of the country's fixed line operators ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

19 Jan Netflix Q4 2020
19 Jan Telefonica Germany Strategy Update
21 Jan Intel Q4 2020
21 Jan Modern Times Group EGM
25 Jan Edgeware EGM
25 Jan The Things Conference 2021
26 Jan F5 Networks fiscal Q1
26 Jan Microsoft fiscal Q2
26 Jan Verizon Communications Q4 2020
26 Jan Meetup MENA
::: More Calendar Items