0
Wireless

Kakao's Q3 revenue grows 31%, profit jumps 597%

Thursday 7 November 2019 | 07:04 CET | News
South Korean mobile messenger operator Kakao reported third-quarter revenue of KRW 783.1 billion, which represents an increase of 31 percent year-on-year and 7 percent quarter-on-quarter. The Platform business accounts for 45 percent of total revenues, while the Content business accounts for the remaining 55 percent.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: Kakao
Countries: Korea, Republic of
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Kakao reappoints chairman, co-CEOs

Published 26 Mar 2020 08:28 CET | Korea, Republic of
South Korean mobile messenger operator Kakao has reappointed Kim Beom-su as its chairman. Kakao also named Yeo Min-soo and Cho ...

SK Telecom mobile business revenue increases for first time in eight quarters

Published 31 Oct 2019 07:45 CET | Korea, Republic of
South Korean operator SK Telecom posted third-quarter revenue of KRW 4.561 trillion, wchich represents an increase of 0.9 percent ...

SK Telecom, Kakao strike KRW 300 bln stock swap deal

Published 28 Oct 2019 07:32 CET | Korea, Republic of
South Korean operator SK Telecom and Korean mobile internet group Kakao have signed a partnership agreement including a KRW 300 ...

LG Uplus, Kakao Mobility to develop 5G services for transportation sector

Published 20 Sep 2019 10:40 CET | Korea, Republic of
South Korean mobile operator LG Uplus has signed a memorandum of understanding with Kakao Mobility, to establish an autonomous ...

Seoul Court cancels watchdog's KRW 396 million fine on Facebook

Published 23 Aug 2019 05:34 CET | Korea, Republic of
The Seoul Administrative Court has ruled in favor of Facebook by canceling a KRW 396 million (approximately USD 328,000) fine ...

Kakao Games introduces Tera Classic online game

Published 16 Aug 2019 09:29 CET | Korea, Republic of
South Korean game publisher Kakao Games has introduced a multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) dubbed 'Tera Classic'. The ...