0
Broadband

Liquid Telecom seeks to buy back Botswanan stake from BPC

Wednesday 28 October 2020 | 11:24 CET | News
Liquid Telecom is proposing to buy back Botswana Power Corporation's (BPC's) stake in Liquid Telecom Botswana, The SundayStandard reported. Liquid Telecom has a controlling 57.5 percent stake in Liquid Telecom Botswana and the Competition and Consumer Authority is considering its proposal to acquire the other 42.5 percent currently held by BPC, according to the report.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: Fixed
Companies: Econet / Liquid Telecom
Countries: Botswana
::: add a comment
This article is part of dossier

Fibre


Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Botswanan internet subscriptions rise by 7% in Q4, fixed internet down over 1% from Q3

Published 29 Apr 2021 15:15 CET | Botswana
The number of internet subscriptions in Botswana increased by 6.8 percent to 2.29 million in the fourth quarter of 2020 from 2.14 ...

Botswanan government plans to award contracts to locally owned ICT firms to boost sector

Published 30 Mar 2021 11:29 CET | Botswana
Botswana has lined up a number of initiatives to support the country's ICT industry, with priority for cushioning citizen-owned ...

Liquid Telecom appoints Abu as CEO in Nigeria including new Africa Data Centre

Published 14 Dec 2020 10:01 CET | Nigeria
Liquid Telecom has appointed Wole Abu as CEO for Liquid Telecom Nigeria and its new Africa Data Centre (ADC) in the country, ...

Liquid Telecom activates fibre across border between South Africa and Botswana

Published 27 Nov 2020 10:58 CET | Botswana
Liquid Telecom is activating 82 km of fibre in a cross-border network into Botswana, according to ITNewsAfrica. This expansion ...

Liquid Telecom provides African connectivity to Zayo

Published 17 Nov 2020 09:40 CET | Africa
Liquid Telecom has announced a partnership with infrastructure provider Zayo Group under which they will use existing networks ...

BoFinet launches IPTV service in Botswana

Published 27 Oct 2020 13:21 CET | Botswana
Botswana Fibre Network, (BoFinet) has launched an IPTV service for Botswana storytelling and entertainment. President Mokgweetsi ...

Liquid Telecom, Africa Data Centres hire Jarrett Appleby as strategy adviser

Published 21 Oct 2020 13:50 CET | Africa
Liquid Telecom and Africa Data Centres have announced a strategic partnership agreement with Jarrett Appleby, CEO of Appleby ...

Liquid Telecom plans more redundancies after 100 in August

Published 13 Oct 2020 10:15 CET | Africa
Liquid Telecom has embarked on another round of redundancies, two months after the largest fibre company in Africa announced it ...

Liquid Telecom rebrands as Liquid Intelligent Technologies in South Africa

Published 05 Aug 2020 12:39 CET | South Africa
Liquid Telecom has announced a strategic re-positioning as Liquid Intelligent Technologies. Liquid Telecom South Africa has been ...

Orange Botswana launches 4G+ and drops internet prices

Published 22 Jun 2020 11:59 CET | Botswana
Orange Botswana has announced the launch of 4G+. The technology has been rolled out in the  Greater Gaborone and Francistown ...

Paratus Botswana offers 25-year warranty on Molex cable installation

Published 21 May 2018 10:38 CET | Botswana
Paratus Botswana has begun providing intensive training to staff, in order to future-proof customers' networking infrastructure. ...

Botswanan parliamentary committee calls BPC-Liquid Telecom joint venture unlawful

Published 11 Sep 2017 10:58 CET | Botswana
Botswana's Parliamentary Committee on Communications Works, Transport and Technology has declared that the partnership between ...

BPC and Liquid Telecom start fibre JV

Published 20 Oct 2016 13:51 CET | Botswana
Botswana Power Corporation (BPC) and Liquid Telecom have agreed to enter into a joint venture that will see BPC lease excess ...