0
General

Netherlands to legalise online gambling

Monday 14 July 2014 | 10:39 CET | News
The Dutch government plans to make online gambling legal from next year, according to a press conference by the Justice secretary after the latest cabinet meeting. The government expects that by legalising online gambling, a more reliable offering will be available, attracting around 80 percent of the current online gamblers. The games of chance will be subject to tax at 20 percent. 

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: General
Countries: Netherlands
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Young Swedish gamblers prefer online gaming

Published 18 Dec 2015 12:28 CET | Sweden
Young people in Sweden prefer electronic sports, online casinos and online poker to the more traditional forms of gambling ...

Kabinet wil online gokken legaliseren

Published 14 Jul 2014 09:18 CET | Netherlands
Het kabinet wil dat online gokken vanaf 2015 legaal wordt, zo blijkt uit een persconferentie van staatssecretaris Teeven van ...