0
Wireless

Orange hires ZTE to roll out part of its Spanish 5G network - report

Wednesday 4 September 2019 | 10:29 CET | News
Orange Spain has hired China's ZTE to install part of its new 5G network, according to unnamed sources cited by business daily Expansion. The Chinese vendor will join the operator's main network providers – Ericsson and Huawei – and help Orange roll out networks in the cities of Bilbao, San Sebastian, Vitoria, Logrono and Zaragoza, said the sources. Ericsson and Huawei will remain Orange Spain's main suppliers, responsible for around 95 percent of its network, with ZTE accounting for the remaining 5 percent, said the report without adding any further details.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: Orange Spain / ZTE
Countries: Spain
::: add a comment
This article is part of dossier

5G

,

IoT


Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

SoftBank's Realize Mobile, 8i launch 3D hologram codec for AR glasses, 4G device users

Published 14 Oct 2020 10:42 CET | World
Realize Mobile Communications, a member of SoftBank Group, has partnered with hologram technology company 8i, to operate an XR ...

Orange Spain halves price of Go-branded mobile plans for 3 months

Published 04 Nov 2019 15:28 CET | Spain
Orange Spain is once again offering four of its Go-branded mobile plans for half the usual price for the first 3 months of a ...

ZTE to release dual-gigabit home gateway with high power, wide-coverage

Published 14 Oct 2019 10:18 CET | World
ZTE will unveil the ZXHN F680 V9, a dual-gigabit home gateway, at Broadband World Forum 2019. The device supports dual-band Wi-Fi ...

Masmovil, Orange Spain reach 5G sharing deal in 40 cities

Published 01 Oct 2019 10:26 CET | Spain
Spanish operator Masmovil has announced an expanded agreement with Orange Spain to enable the faster rollout of 5G infrastructure ...

Orange Spain, ZTE demo 3D hologram and 360-degree video in 5G trials

Published 18 Jun 2019 13:43 CET | Spain
Orange Spain and equipment provider ZTE have carried out further demonstrations of the potential of 5G technology at the 5G ...

Orange Spain to hold back 5G launch until 2020

Published 18 Jun 2019 09:09 CET | Spain
Orange Spain is continuing to carry out tests of its 5G network and has no intention of launching commercial services until 2020 ...

Orange Spain, ZTE run 5G-powered robotics, connected car trials in Valencia

Published 17 Jun 2019 10:59 CET | Spain
Orange Spain has carried out a demonstration of the potential of 5G technology in partnership with Valencia's Universitat ...

Vodafone Spain to switch on 5G network in 15 cities on 15 June

Published 10 Jun 2019 14:39 CET | Spain
Vodafone Spain has confirmed that it will be launching the country's first commercial 5G network in 15 cities on 15 June. The ...

Orange and Vodafone sign expanded network sharing deal in Spain, including 5G

Published 25 Apr 2019 11:45 CET | Spain
Orange and Vodafone have signed a newly-expanded network sharing agreement in Spain that encompasses fixed and mobile networks, ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

23 Apr Telia Q1 2021
25 Apr Vodafone Qatar Q1 2021
26 Apr SBA Communications Q1 2021
27 Apr Alphabet Q1 2021
27 Apr Siminn Q1 2021
27 Apr Juniper Networks Q1 2021
27 Apr Sequans Q1 2021
27 Apr Corning Q1 2021
27 Apr Calix Q1 2021
27 Apr AudioCodes Q1 2021
27 Apr Mediaset FY results
27 Apr A10 Networks Q1 2021
27 Apr Microsoft fiscal Q3
27 Apr F5 Networks fiscal Q2
27 Apr A1 Telekom Austria Q1 2021
27 Apr America Movil Q1 2021
28 Apr Yandex Q1 2021
28 Apr SK hynix Q1
28 Apr Apple fiscal Q2
28 Apr MaxLinear Q1
28 Apr Oooredoo Q1 2021
28 Apr Verimatrix Q1
28 Apr Altice USA Q1 2021
28 Apr Extreme Networks fiscal Q3
28 Apr ZTE Q1 2021
28 Apr Ribbon Communications Q1 2021
28 Apr Mediatek Q1 2021
28 Apr Qualcomm fiscal Q2
28 Apr Bharti Airtel fiscal Q4
28 Apr Samsung 'Galaxy Unpacked' event
::: More Calendar Items