0
General

Telenet meets FY guidance with sales up 4%

Thursday 12 February 2015 | 09:57 CET | News
Belgian cable operator Telenet increased the triple-play penetration in its customer base to almost 51 percent in 2014. The mobile customer base also rose by 19 percent to almost 900,000. The company's revenue were up 4 percent in 2014 to EUR 1.71 billion, and adjusted EBITDA increased 7 percent to EUR 900 million, including a one-time gain of EUR 12.5 million, meeting the group's gudiance. Capex totaled EUR 387.2 million, including the costs of Belgian football broadcast rights, and free cash flow was up 11 percent to EUR 235.3 million. Net profit was still down 6 percent to EUR 109.3

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: General
Companies: Telenet
Countries: Belgium
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Telenet meets FY outlook with 6% revenue growth

Published 10 Feb 2016 10:18 CET | Belgium
Belgian cable operator Telenet reported revenues for 2015 up 6 percent to EUR 1.81 billion. Adjusted EBITDA rose 5 percent to EUR ...

Telenet increases broadband speeds

Published 31 Mar 2015 09:59 CET | Belgium
Belgian cable operator Telenet is increasing the speeds of its internet subscriptions and changing the names of the packages. The ...

Telenet starts share buyback

Published 24 Feb 2015 10:09 CET | Belgium
Belgian operator Telenet said it spent EUR 6.4 million buying back 129,000 of its own shares in the period 12-20 February. This ...

Telenet sluit 2014 af met 4% hogere omzet

Published 12 Feb 2015 08:35 CET | Belgium
Telenet heeft het aantal klanten voor triple play zien stijgen tot bijna 51 procent aan het eind van 2014, meldt het bedrijf bij ...

Telenet, Belgacom strengthen lead on Belgian fixed market

Published 23 Dec 2014 10:33 CET | Belgium
Telenet and Belgacom strengthened their leading positions on the Belgian fixed market in the third quarter. Challengers such as ...

Telenet Q3 revenues up 5%, maintains FY outlook

Published 23 Oct 2014 10:38 CET | Belgium
Belgian cable operator Telenet reported third-quarter revenues of EUR 432.3 million, up 5 percent from a year earlier. Adjusted ...

Telenet is Belgium's largest provider of fixed services

Published 10 Oct 2014 11:34 CET | Belgium
The Belgian consumer market for fixed services recorded revenues in the second quarter went to around EUR 674 million, according ...

Telenet to increase Wi-Fi coverage

Published 06 Oct 2014 18:48 CET | Belgium
Belgian cable operator Telenet is planning to extend its network of Wi-Fi hotspots in the coming period, and make them more ...

Telenet to produce own TV series

Published 17 Sep 2014 09:19 CET | Belgium
Belgian cable operator Telenet plans to start producing its own TV content. The first production will be the TV series 'Chaussée ...

Telenet plans EUR 500 mln investment in Docsis 3.1 upgrade

Published 29 Aug 2014 12:37 CET | Belgium
Telenet announced plans to invest EUR 500 million over the next five years to upgrade its cable network in time for the switch to ...

Telenet Q2: strong mobile growth needed to meet FY revenue target

Published 04 Aug 2014 11:54 CET | Belgium
Telenet, the Belgian subsidiary of cable group Liberty Global, reported second-quarter revenue of EUR 422 million, up 3.4 percent ...

Telenet cuts FY revenue outlook on mobile slowdown

Published 31 Jul 2014 10:43 CET | Belgium
Telenet reported second-quarter revenues of EUR 422 million, up from EUR 408 million a year ago. Sales growth was less than ...