0
Wireless

US consumers go to web more for mobile plans, smartphones - WUA

Tuesday 26 June 2018 | 12:25 CET | News
US customers are buying their mobile plans and accompanying phones more online, with web purchases now outpacing both in-store and telephone channels, according to a WUA study from June. About 42 percent of respondents bought their current mobile package online, with another 6 percent saying they would buy online for their next purchase, taking the total to 48 percent. After comparing website options in the study, a total of 52 percent said they would buy via the internet right now, 8 percentage points up from buying in person.  

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: MetroPCS / Sprint / T-Mobile / Verizon
Countries: United States
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Verizon shows most 'consistent quality' in network tests

Published 30 Oct 2018 08:54 CET | United States
Verizon has topped a ranking of the best US network operators for 'consistent quality' required to run the most popular apps ...

T-Mobile US launches iPhone, iPad leasing for businesses

Published 06 Sep 2018 16:11 CET | United States
T-Mobile US announced a first-of-its-kind iPhone and iPad leasing programme that extends financing from Apple to businesses ...

T-Mobile US launches back-to-school deals for LG, Samsung

Published 16 Jul 2018 08:48 CET | United States
T-Mobile US launched a back-to-school promotional offer on flagship phones from LG and Samsung. Customers can buy one Samsung ...