0
Broadband

Videoland grows customer base 200% in 2015

Thursday 31 December 2015 | 11:31 CET | News
Online video service Videoland increased its customer base by over 200 percent in the past year. Its owner, broadcaster RTL announced the result, without providing further figures. Around 70 percent of the content viewed on Videoland was series, and the other 30 percent films. Almost half (47%) was watched over mobile devices (smartphones, tablets), 29 percent on smart TVs and 27 percent over the web. An increasing number of customers binged on whole series in one viewing session, especially the series 'De Zwarte Tulp', 'Divorce' and 'Broadchurch', the company said. 

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Broadcast & Satellite / Internet
Companies: RTL / Videoland
Countries: Netherlands
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Videoland reports record summer viewing

Published 07 Sep 2016 16:19 CET | Netherlands
Videoland, the Dutch VoD service owned by RTL, said it had a successful summer, with 211 percent more new users than July-August ...

Videoland reports growth in customer numbers, viewing time

Published 26 Jul 2016 17:55 CET | Netherlands
The number of minutes viewed on the Dutch VoD service Videoland has grown four-fold in the past year. Active users watch an ...

Nearly 60% of Dutch admit to binge-viewing

Published 29 Feb 2016 10:43 CET | Netherlands
Almost six in ten (59%) of Dutch consumers said they have binge-viewed a TV series in the past six months, watching at least two ...

Klantenbestand Videoland groeit met 200% in 2015

Published 31 Dec 2015 11:20 CET | Netherlands
Het klantenbestand van online videodienst Videoland is in het eerste jaar als abonnementsdienst gegroeid met meer dan 200 ...

Videoland Unlimited comes to Ziggo network

Published 19 Jun 2015 10:18 CET | Netherlands
Videoland Unlimited will soon be available on the set-top boxes and CI modules from Ziggo, RTL Netherlands announced at the Media ...

RTL Nederland brings stake in Videoland to 100%

Published 26 Apr 2015 17:11 CET | Netherlands
RTL Netherlands has lifted its stake in Videoland to 100 percent from 65 percent. Founder Co Mast sold his minority share but ...

Netflix leads rise in OTT video services in Netherlands

Published 15 Apr 2015 09:24 CET | Netherlands
More than one in ten (11%) Dutch households had a Netflix subscription in Q4 2014, according to the latest research from ...

Videoland Unlimited reaches 100,000 subscribers

Published 30 Mar 2015 15:03 CET | Netherlands
The video streaming service Videoland Unlimited, part of Dutch broadcaster RTL, has reached the milestone of 100,000 paid ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

04 Mar Inwit Q4 2020
04 Mar Broadcom fiscal Q1
04 Mar MTS Q4 2020
04 Mar Ciena fiscal Q1
04 Mar Telesat Q4
05 Mar Vonage Investor Day
08 Mar Smith Micro Q4 2020
10 Mar MTN FY results
10 Mar Verizon Investor Day
11 Mar Gogo Q4 2020
11 Mar Technicolor FY results
11 Mar T-Mobile US analysts day
::: More Calendar Items