0
Wireless

Vodafone Ghana plans to list on Ghana Stock Exchange after restructuring debt

Wednesday 27 June 2018 | 09:07 CET | News
Vodafone Ghana plans to list on the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) after restructuring its loans, Reuters reported. Yolanda Zoleka Cuba said Vodafone was in talks with the government, which owns a 30 percent stake, to restructure its debt. Vodafone paid USD 900 million for a 70 percent stake in state-run Ghana telecom in 2008 and the government retained the other 30 percent with an enterprise value of around USD 1.3 billion at the time. 

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: Ghana Telecom / Vodafone Ghana
Countries: Ghana
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Vodafone Ghana urged to list on GSE after acquiring 4G spectrum

Published 28 Jan 2019 13:39 CET | Ghana
Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) managers are working with the Ministry of Communications to compel Vodafone to float part of its ...

Vodafone Ghana extends Anniversary Offer until September

Published 01 Aug 2018 10:56 CET | Ghana
Vodafone Ghana has extended its tenth anniversary offer until September from 31 August. The offer sets the price of Vodafone's ...

Telecomindex week 26: Duitsland en Belgie omlaag; Rusland, Griekenland en Turkije omhoog

Published 02 Jul 2018 15:11 CET | Europe
Europese telecomaandelen werden vorige week afgehamerd, zelfs meer dan de algemene markt. Twee Duitse alternatieve aanbieders ...

Last week in Telecoms: Germany and Belgium down; Russia, Greece and Turkey up

Published 02 Jul 2018 09:33 CET | Europe
European telecoms shares were hammered last week, even more than the general market. Two German altnets raked up the worst ...

Vodafone Ghana assesses its social usefulness

Published 27 Jun 2018 13:48 CET | Ghana
Vodafone Ghana has published an independent research report on its social and economic contribution to Ghana between 2014 and ...

Vodafone, MultiChoice Ghana launch unlimited data bundles for World Cup viewing

Published 22 Jun 2018 10:10 CET | Ghana
Pay-TV provider MultiChoice Ghana has partnered Vodafone to offer unlimited data bundles for customers to stream live World Cup ...

MTN Ghana IPO attracts more than 52,000 subscribers, most pay by Mobile Money

Published 13 Jun 2018 09:05 CET | Ghana
Over 52,000 Ghanaians have subscribed to the initial public share offering of MTN Ghana in the two weeks weeks since it was ...

Vodafone Ghana lets customers move data from fixed broadband account to mobile number

Published 06 Jun 2018 11:03 CET | Ghana
Vodafone Ghana has brought out Vodafone Fixed broadband (FBB) Data Move, enabling customers to link and move data from their ...

Vodafone Ghana declares June as Vodafone Cash month

Published 01 Jun 2018 10:08 CET | Ghana
Vodafone Ghana has dedicated June to its mobile financial service, called Vodafone Cash, and outlined a host of activities to ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

24 Jan Ericsson Q4 2019
26 Jan Cisco Live
27 Jan Sprint fiscal Q3
27 Jan Juniper Networks Q4 2019
27 Jan F5 Networks fiscal Q1
28 Jan Calix Q4 2019
28 Jan AudioCodes Q4 2019
28 Jan Airtel Africa fiscal Q3
28 Jan Dtac Q4 2019
28 Jan CEM in Telecoms Global Summit
29 Jan Qorvo fiscal Q3
29 Jan Microsoft fiscal Q2
29 Jan KPN Q4 2019
29 Jan Cirrus Logic fiscal Q3
29 Jan Telenor Q4 2019
29 Jan Facebook Q4 2019
29 Jan Extreme Networks fiscal Q2
29 Jan AT&T Q4 2019
29 Jan Mellanox Q4 2019
29 Jan Limelight Networks Q4 2019
29 Jan Telia Q4 2019
29 Jan European 5G Conference
30 Jan BT fiscal Q3
30 Jan NTT Docomo fiscal Q3
30 Jan Verizon Q4 2019
30 Jan Samsung Electronics Q4 2019
30 Jan Amazon Q4 2019
30 Jan FCC meeting
30 Jan The Things Conference
31 Jan KDDI fiscal Q3
::: More Calendar Items