0
Video

Yahsat and Hughes launch satellite services joint venture in Brazil

Monday 9 December 2019 | 09:07 CET | News
Hughes Network Systems and Al Yah Satellite Communications Company (Yahsat) have launched their joint venture to provide satellite broadband services in Brazil. Hughes holds 80 percent of Hughes do Brasil and Yahsat the remaining 20 percent. 

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Internet / Broadcast & Satellite
Companies: Hughes do Brasil / Hughes Network Systems / Yahsat
Countries: Brazil
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

HughesNet Puerto Rico boosts satellite capacity to meet demand

Published 07 Apr 2021 10:43 CET | Puerto Rico
Hughes Network Systems (Hughes), an EchoStar company, said it has secured additional capacity over Puerto Rico for its HughesNet ...

Hughes grows to nearly 1.5 mln satellite internet subscribers

Published 20 Feb 2020 17:08 CET | India
Echostar said it ended 2019 with nearly 1.5 million customers around the world for its Hughes satellite internet services. The ...

ERT, Hughes to expand managed network services for US weather service

Published 19 Feb 2020 16:28 CET | United States
ERT together with Hughes Network Systems announced their selection by the National Weather Service (NWS) to upgrade and expand ...

Hughes partners VeloCloud to deliver SD-WAN platform for distributed enterprises

Published 17 Dec 2019 21:14 CET | World
Hughes Network Systems (Hughes) said it added the VMware SD-WAN powered by VeloCloud platform to its HughesON Managed SD-WAN ...

Brazilian regulator grants consent for Hughes-Yahsat JV

Published 03 Dec 2019 14:21 CET | Brazil
Brazil's National Telecommunications Agency (Anatel) has published its prior consent in the Official Gazette for the transfer of ...

YahClick, iSAT ink partnership to boost satellite broadband

Published 12 Sep 2019 10:28 CET | Israel
YahClick, a satellite broadband service from UAE-based global satellite operator Yahsat and its partner Hughes Network Systems, ...

Yahsat and Hughes to provide Ka-band broadband services in Brazil

Published 06 May 2019 19:31 CET | Brazil
UAE-based satellite operator Yahsat and Hughes Network Systems have entered into a joint venture to provide commercial Ka-band ...

Yahsat, Hughes complete jv on satellite broadband connectivity in MEA, Asia

Published 17 Dec 2018 09:56 CET | Africa
UAE-based satellite operator Yahsat and Hughes Network Systems have announced the completion of a joint venture arrangement to ...