0
Broadband

Equinix, GIC launch USD 1 bln JV to develop, operate data centres in Japan

Wednesday 22 April 2020 | 08:26 CET | News
Equinix has signed a USD 1 billion initial joint venture in the form of a limited liability partnership with Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC to develop and operate xScale data centres in Japan. The three initial facilities in the joint venture – one in Osaka and two in Tokyo -- will serve the core workload deployment needs of a targeted group of hyperscale companies. Under the terms of the agreement, GIC will own an 80 percent stake in the joint venture and Equinix will own the remaining 20 percent equity interest. The joint venture is expected to close in the second half of 2020,

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Fixed
Companies: Equinix
Countries: Japan
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

BCE sells data centres to Equinix for CAD 1 billion

Published 01 Jun 2020 15:02 CET | Canada
Canadian operator BCE has agreed to sell 25 data centres to Equinix for CAD 1.04 billion (USD 750 million) in cash. The sale is ...

Equinix lifts profit, revenues in Q1 but still sees uncertainty ahead

Published 07 May 2020 10:33 CET | World
Data centre operator Equinix reported first quarter results just shy of expectations, pulled down by negative forex effects. The ...

Equinix launches large expansion of interconnection services in EMEA

Published 28 Apr 2020 16:15 CET | World
Equinix announced one of its largest expansions of Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric (ECX Fabric) in seven new EMEA markets to help ...

Equinix opens new data centre in Warsaw

Published 09 Mar 2020 13:39 CET | Poland
Hosting and colocation service provider Equinix has announced a new datacentre in Warsaw, reports Telko.in. The International ...

Equinix completes acquisition of Packet

Published 03 Mar 2020 14:58 CET | World
Equinix announced that it has completed the acquisition of Packet, as announced in January. The bare metal automation platform ...

Equinix opens fourth IBX data centre in Melbourne

Published 25 Feb 2020 10:36 CET | Australia
Data centre operator Equinix has opened its fourth International Business Exchange (IBX) data centre in Melbourne, Australia. ...

Equinix reports stronger revenues, profit for Q4

Published 13 Feb 2020 13:45 CET | World
Data centre operator Equinix reported higher revenues and profit for the fourth quarter and full year, and guided for a higher ...

UK data centre market remains largest in Europe - study

Published 17 Jan 2020 11:47 CET | United Kingdom
The latest Datacentrepricing report on the UK data centre market from Tariff Consultancy hows that 3rd party data centre space ...

Equinix completes USD 1 bln European hyperscale data centre joint venture with GIC

Published 10 Oct 2019 09:13 CET | Europe
Equinix has completed its USD 1.0 billion joint venture with Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC to fund, develop and operate ...

Fitch upgrades Equinix ratings to investment grade, outlook stable

Published 02 Jul 2019 09:31 CET | World
Global ratings company Fitch Ratings has upgraded all of Equinix's ratings to investment grade, including the Long-Term Issuer ...

Equinix and GIC setting up USD 1 bln JV to build European hyperscale data centres

Published 02 Jul 2019 08:54 CET | Europe
Data centre company Equinix has announced a USD 1 billion joint venture with Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC to develop and ...