0
Broadband

Equinix inks new xScale joint venture deal with GIC

Monday 14 June 2021 | 10:58 CET | News
Equinix has inked a new limited liability partnership with Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC, which at close will bring the xScale data centre portfolio to over USD 6.9 billion across 32 facilities worldwide. This means the two firms have added USD 3.9 billion to expand the xScale programme. The deal is expected to close this year. GIC will then own an 80 percent equity interest in the future joint ventures, with Equinix holding the remaining 20 percent.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Fixed
Companies: Equinix
Countries: World
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Gaw Capital launches Data Center First data center operator

Published 26 Jul 2021 08:40 CET | Asia
Real estate private equity firm Gaw Capital Partners has set up a joint venture operating company called Data Center First, with ...

Equinix commits to becoming climate-neutral across global operations by 2030

Published 16 Jun 2021 16:45 CET | World
Equinix said it aims to become climate-neutral across its global operations and supply chain by 2030. The move is in line with ...

Equinix to invest USD 55 mln in deployment of third data center in Osaka

Published 26 Nov 2020 08:00 CET | Japan
Equinix has announced an initial investment of USD 55 million to build its third International Business Exchange (IBX) data ...

Equinix, GIC launch USD 1 bln JV to develop, operate data centres in Japan

Published 22 Apr 2020 08:26 CET | Japan
Equinix has signed a USD 1 billion initial joint venture in the form of a limited liability partnership with Singapore's ...

Equinix completes USD 1 bln European hyperscale data centre joint venture with GIC

Published 10 Oct 2019 09:13 CET | Europe
Equinix has completed its USD 1.0 billion joint venture with Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC to fund, develop and operate ...

Fitch upgrades Equinix ratings to investment grade, outlook stable

Published 02 Jul 2019 09:31 CET | World
Global ratings company Fitch Ratings has upgraded all of Equinix's ratings to investment grade, including the Long-Term Issuer ...

Equinix and GIC setting up USD 1 bln JV to build European hyperscale data centres

Published 02 Jul 2019 08:54 CET | Europe
Data centre company Equinix has announced a USD 1 billion joint venture with Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC to develop and ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

28 Jul Telefonica Deutschland Q2 2021
28 Jul Facebook Q2
28 Jul Equinix Q2
28 Jul Spotify Q2 2021
28 Jul Cirrus Logic Q1
28 Jul Ribbon Communications Q2 2021
28 Jul Extreme Networks fiscal Q4
28 Jul Altice USA Q2
28 Jul Qualcomm fiscal Q3
28 Jul Ooredoo Q2 2021
29 Jul T-Mobile US Q2 2021
29 Jul Cellnex Q2
29 Jul Comcast Q2 2021
29 Jul Nokia Q2 2021
29 Jul Cellnex Q2 2021
29 Jul Hrvatski Telekom Q2 2021
29 Jul Airtel Africa Q2 2021
29 Jul Skyworks fiscal Q3
29 Jul Casa Systems Q2
29 Jul Citrix Systems Q2
29 Jul Amazon Q2
29 Jul BT fiscal Q1
29 Jul CyrusOne Q2 2021
29 Jul CoreSite Q2 2021
29 Jul American Tower Corp Q2 2021
29 Jul Fortinet Q2
29 Jul STMicroelectronics Q2 2021
29 Jul Millicom Q2 2021
29 Jul Samsung Electronics Q2 2021
29 Jul Poly fiscal Q1
29 Jul Telenet Q2 2021
29 Jul Liberty Global Q2 2021
29 Jul Consolidated Communications Q2
29 Jul Telefonica Q2 2021
29 Jul Orange Q2 2021
29 Jul Digital Realty Q2 2021
29 Jul Limelight Networks Q2 2021
29 Jul Vodacom fiscal Q1
::: More Calendar Items