0
Wireless

IHS signs deal to set up telecom tower company in Egypt

Wednesday 6 October 2021 | 16:02 CET | News
IHS Towers has signed an agreement with Egypt Digital Company for Investment (EDCI), the largest shareholder in Egypt Towers for Technology Services Company, to obtain a licence from the National Telecom Regulatory Authority (NTRA) to erect and lease telecom towers. Upon completion, a new company called IHS Telecom Towers Egypt will be formed. IHS Towers will own 80 percent of IHS Telecom Towers Egypt and EDCI will own the other 20 percent.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: IHS / IHS Towers / NTRA
Countries: Egypt
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

NTRA approves use of TDD 2600 MHz band for mobile services

Published 25 Nov 2021 13:46 CET | Egypt
Egypt's National Telecom Regulatory Authority (NTRA) has approved the operation of mobile networks in the 40 MHz of spectrum in ...

IHS Towers revenues up 9% in Q3, exceeds 30,500 towers

Published 16 Nov 2021 16:09 CET | World
Telecommunications infrastructure company IHS Towers reported revenue of USD 400.5 million in the third quarter of 2021, up 8.7 ...

IHS offers 22.5 mln shares in IPO at price estimated between USD 21 and USD 24

Published 04 Oct 2021 14:45 CET | World
IHS Holding said it has commenced its initial public offering (IPO) of 22.50 million ordinary shares, 18.0 million of which are ...

IHS Towers files for IPO on New York Stock Exchange

Published 17 Sep 2021 11:58 CET | Africa
IHS Holding has filed a registration statement with the US Securities and Exchange Commission relating to a potential IPO on the ...

Egyptian govt signs deal with Aswan governorate for mobile tower construction and digital projects

Published 30 Aug 2021 10:37 CET | Egypt
The Egyptian ICT ministry has signed two cooperation protocols and a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to build digital ...

Egypt's NTRA approves 173 mobile towers in 5 governorates, seizes non-compliant boosters

Published 04 Aug 2021 09:34 CET | Egypt
Egypt's National Telecom Regulatory Authority (NTRA) has approved the establishment and operation of 173 new mobile towers in ...

Telecom Egypt supplies Marakez properties with network as well as TV and internet

Published 27 Apr 2021 10:47 CET | Egypt
Telecom Egypt has signed a cooperation protocol with Marakez, the largest mixed-use property developer in Egypt, to provide ...