0
Broadband

OVHcloud starts preparing for potential IPO

Tuesday 9 March 2021 | 08:37 CET | News
France-based cloud provider OVHcloud has begun the process for a potential listing in Paris, reports Reuters citing a spokesperson for the company. While financial details have not been revealed, the potential IPO would result in the current owner retaining a majority of OVHcloud's shares. Founder Octave Klaba and his family currently hold an 80 percent stake in the business, with KKR and Towerbrook owning the remaining 20 percent. The two US investors made OVHcloud reach 'unicorn' status with their EUR 250 million cash injection in 2016, in an operation that valued the company at over EUR 1

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Internet
Companies: OVHcloud
Countries: France / World
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

OVHcloud targets large businesses with new Bare Metal dedicated servers

Published 09 Apr 2021 09:50 CET | World
OVHcloud has expanded its product portfolio with the launch of two new Bare Metal server ranges, Scale and High-Grade, aimed at ...

OVHcloud expands security, data privacy certifications to most cloud offerings

Published 10 Mar 2021 13:47 CET | World
OVHcloud has been awarded new certifications in information security and data privacy, having achieved compliance with the ...

OVHcloud and Capgemini extend collaboration to develop joint sovereign cloud offering

Published 16 Feb 2021 11:30 CET | Europe
OVHcloud and Capgemini have strengthened their ties by agreeing a worldwide collaboration focused on sovereign cloud services. ...

Orange Business Services brings managed offering to OVHcloud infrastructure

Published 09 Feb 2021 12:47 CET | France
Orange Business Services (OBS) said that it will support clients who choose to rely on OVHcloud's infrastructure in France for ...

OVHcloud opens data center with NextDC, doubles Australian server capacity

Published 03 Feb 2021 06:56 CET | Australia
OVHcloud has signed a partnership agreement with Australian data centre operator NextDC to double its capacity in Australia. ...

Atos and OVHcloud agree European cloud partnership

Published 26 Jan 2021 11:18 CET | Europe
ICT group Atos has announced a strategic agreement with OVHcloud, saying that it will support the OneCloud programme unveiled in ...

French hosting company OVH raises EUR 250 million

Published 15 Aug 2016 12:24 CET | France
OVH has raised nearly EUR 250 million from US investors KKR & Co and Towerbrook, reports Le Figaro, valuing the business at over ...