0
Wireless

Orange signs deal to buy 65% of Groupama Banque

Friday 22 April 2016 | 10:00 CET | News
Orange and Groupama have signed an agreement paving the way for Orange's acquisition of a 65 percent stake in Groupama Banque, concluding exclusive talks that began in January. Groupama will keep the remaining 35 percent of the bank, which is due to be renamed Orange Bank and to launch mobile banking services in France at the start of 2017 before being introduced in Spain and Belgium. 

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: Orange / Orange France
Countries: Belgium / France / Spain
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Orange Bank: fintech as new element for differentiation

Published 03 Nov 2017 10:51 CET | France
Orange has launched its Orange Bank in France, delivered as a completely mobile application. Orange Bank offers an account with ...

Orange Bank to launch in France on 6 July

Published 20 Apr 2017 17:36 CET | France
The commercial launch of Orange Bank in France has been set for 6 July, although the service will be available for Orange ...

Orange Bank launch in France faces delay – report

Published 16 Jan 2017 11:27 CET | France
The launch of Orange Bank in France is not expected before April, compared with the original plan which scheduled it for ...

Orange adds 'Orange Cash Jeune' to mobile wallet app

Published 19 Oct 2016 15:14 CET | France
Orange France has launched a new service as part of its Orange Cash mobile wallet app, offered in partnership with payment ...

Orange Bank receives green light for 2017 launch

Published 05 Oct 2016 10:48 CET | France
Orange announced that its acquisition of 65 percent of the capital of Groupama Banque has received formal approval by banking ...

Orange to launch banking services in early 2017

Published 05 Sep 2016 08:51 CET | France
Orange has filed for a banking licence in France and plans to launch its own banking services in February next year, reports Les ...

Orange sales growth slows in Q2 on lower roaming revenue

Published 26 Jul 2016 08:14 CET | Europe
Orange reported comparable sales flat year-on-year in the second quarter, at EUR 10.07 billion, as a recovery in Spain and ...

Orange launches mobile money service in France

Published 15 Jun 2016 15:24 CET | France
Orange has launched Orange Money in France, enabling the money transfers to three countries in Africa and within mainland France. ...

Orange grows underlying revenue 0.6% in Q1

Published 26 Apr 2016 08:10 CET | Europe
Orange reported a third consecutive quarter of revenue growth in Q1, driven by improving results in Spain, Belgium and Africa. ...

Orange sees m-banking as key to diversification strategy

Published 16 Jan 2016 22:04 CET | France
Orange France deputy CEO Laurent Paillassot told Light Reading why the operator plans to buy 65 percent of Groupama Banque to ...

Orange in talks to buy 65% of Groupama to launch mobile bank

Published 05 Jan 2016 09:08 CET | France
Orange has entered into exclusive negotiations with French banking and insurance group Groupama with a view to Orange acquiring ...





+ 12.3%
Postpaid base Bouygues y-o-y up
France  |  2017 Q2